Book with confidence: In the event of our hotels & resorts having to close due to Covid-19 restrictions, hotel stays, spa days and resort stays booked after 30th September 2021 for arrivals between 1st October and 30th June 2022 will be offered an alternative date or monies placed on hold.
The above will also apply if a guest tests positive, displays symptoms or is unable to attend pre-arrival.
*Please note that this does not apply to those redeeming Return or Gift Vouchers or to those on Partner discounted rates, in this instance your reservation will be placed on hold for future redemption or moved to a future date where possible.
As the UK’s Original Health Spa, our guests’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us. Since the Covid-19 pandemic we have implemented a number of strict new hygiene and social distancing measures to ensure the safety of our guest and staff at all times.
- Masks and face coverings continue to be requested in public areas for all guests. Those guests that have an exemption to wearing face masks must show their official exemption card upon check in and are then required to display a sunflower lanyard at all times.
- We ask all visitors respect social distancing guidelines at all times when inside.
By staying at or enjoying a day visit to a Champneys spa resort or hotel, guests agree to the following terms and conditions:
• To abide by government guidelines prior to and during your stay.
• That -
o It has been at least 2 weeks since your second Covid-19 vaccination, or
o You have reported a negative LFT or PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival, or
o Have previously tested positive for Covid-19 using a PCR test and it’s been at least 10 days, but less than 180 days, since your positive result, thereby providing natural immunity, or,
o Have a medical exemption or took part in a Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial.
Covid-19 vaccinations and testing
• All adults in England can now book Covid-19 vaccinations here.
• If you have no symptoms, but would like to take a test, the NHS recommends rapid lateral flow tests, available for free online, at local pharmacies and test sites. See more here.
• Lateral flow test results should be reported here.
• If you have coronavirus symptoms, the NHS recommends a PCR test, self-isolating and staying at home to prevent the spread. PCR tests can be arranged for free online here.
Personal Protective Equipment
All staff have been provided with the correct and safest levels of PPE for their departments. PPE will be worn by our team members at all times.
In line with new Government guidelines we have increased the hand sanitation stations located in all areas of our resorts, hotels and City Spas. We ask that during your visit with us you also wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water at regular intervals.
In addition we have increased availability of disinfectant cleaning products in our Resorts, Hotels and City Spas, we politely ask that you help us and your fellow guests by using these products to wipe down all equipment after you have used it.
Check-In and Check-out
We have made changes to our reception areas and check-in and check-out process to reduce contact where possible. Perspex screens have been erected in key areas.
To ensure our guests and staff are able to keep a safe distance from each other, we have reviewed the levels of occupancy for day and stay guests and will continue to limit where needed to ensure the comfort of our teams and customers. This also extends to fitness classes and group sessions where needed based on the room and class sizes.
New practices regarding the hygiene and layout of treatment rooms has been rolled out and our therapists have been equipped with the correct and safest level of PPE.
Spa & Fitness Facilities
Our Spa and Fitness facilities are all open and complementary to use. Please do respect the other people’s space and ensure equipment is cleaned down after use.
Our housekeeping staff have received enhanced training to ensure our cleaning and sanitation processes are safe and second to none in all areas of our resorts, hotels and City Spas. They continue to be extra vigilant on all areas as well as those that are commonly touched, i.e., entrance and exit doors, door handles, toilet flushes, handrails etc. Once thoroughly cleaned our guest bedrooms are given a Champneys Clean Seal, this plastic sticker seals the door once cleaning is complete so that our guests will know that their room is clean and safe to enter.
To minimise cross contact, towels will no longer be available to pick up in communal areas such as spa, changing rooms and poolside. Instead, towels will be allocated to each individual at check in or via their bedrooms.
All food and beverage offerings are being operated in compliance with Government guidelines. We have also increased our outdoor dining options where possible. These will continue to evolve as the guidelines change.
We are continuing to communicate with our employees on the Government guidelines. They are reminded constantly to:
• Wear appropriate levels of PPE as provided.
• Wash hands upon arrival to work and use an antibacterial hand sanitiser gel
• Wash/sanitise hands regularly throughout the day especially after potential contact points.
• Regularly sanitise work stations/tools e.g. trolleys, desk spaces.
• Sneeze or cough into a tissue.
• Bin tissues immediately after use. Wash hands afterwards.
• Follow government advice if you have relevant symptoms.
• Wash uniform at over 60 degrees
All staff have been trained on Preparing to Reopen in the context of Covid 19, Protection and Wellbeing, Cleaning and Hygiene, Social Distancing, PPE Use and Health and Safety Level 1 or 2 in conjunction with Flow Hospitality Training.
Senior resort management have completed training on Principles of Infection Control and Safe Working in conjunction with HIT Training.
Risk Assessments have been completed for all areas of the business operation prior to sites re-opening, they are reviewed regularly in line with Government Guidance updates.
Operating Procedures and Processes amended in line with risk assessments and government guidance including regular, detailed checks by senior management.
Our team members are required to complete a online daily Health Survey prior to coming to work to confirm fit for work.
In summary we would ask:
• Please do not come to the resort if you are feeling unwell
• Keep your hands clean, wash them regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use the snatiation stations around the resort regularly.
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
• Please use the cleaning sprays provided to wipe down machines and equipment after use.
Please wear a mask in all public areas in line with public health guidelines
We ask anyone who is concerned that they may be developing Covid-19 symptoms to follow the Government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
If you have a new continuous cough, high temperature or any other symptoms associated with Coronavirus or have been advised to self-quarantine please contact our reservations team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest Government advice is available here: www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
We will be reviewing this policy regularly in line with advice from the Institute of Hospitality and Public Health England.